Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dollies





About three weekends ago I was at a yard sale and this box of dollies; Sad, Filthy, mostly naked dolls with various body parts separated and laying in the bottom of their box, dollies called my name. They kept calling my name until I took them home with me. I had no Idea of what I should be doing with them but brought them home. First Pictures then off to the gas chamber to be fumigated. Then to Mary Jane Butters Farm to chat with my Farmgirl Sisters about how to clean them. Sister Ronna asked to adopt poor Blondie. She was just a filthy body, appendages, and a head.


So off she went to live with Ronna. The other girls will be going to a The Doll Hospital and Toy Solider Shop (http://www.reallygreattoys.com/dh/doll_repair/doll_repair.htm) in Berkley, Michigan. The Queen Bee, MaryJane, from MaryJane's Farm (http://www.maryjanesfarm.org) , Sent me an e-mail with the info on the hospital after seeing my posting. Thanks MaryJane! The Girls Thank you too!

So The other day I was at my Mom's and she asks me if I would like her old dolls. This came out of the blue for sure. I have to be honest I have never really thought of myself as a doll person but these dolls are beautiful.
























The larger doll was given to my mother when she was about 7. There is some crazing on her head and the baby finger on her right hand is missing. But she is a beauty. My Grandmother also made the doll a dress and cap from one of my Great Aunt's show dress. She was a singer and entertainer. I did not even know that my Grandmother sewed. So These dollies have found a new home with me also. I guess that I have started a new collection. Dollies!

No comments: