Search This Blog

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring Garden

One Farmgirls Garden











Here in the Midwest, the gardens, are just beginning to come to life. The early Crocus, Hyacinthia, Daffodils are popping, The tulips are just starting to poke through the ground as are the Bleeding Hearts and the trees are wearing a hint of green. The top three pictures are out my kitchen sink window. In a few short weeks we will not be able to see our neighbors again. The other two pictures are of my gardens down by our "Summer Home". LOL! It's really an area of prairie that we used to camp on during the summer months to get away from the city. We have since built a house into the hill and I have neglected them terribly. This summer we hope to built the structure for the replacement home. We got rid of the 1970 Ford motor home we used, 2 years ago. Time to rebuilt the "Summer Home"


This is Izabel. When she comes out you know Spring is here in Wisconsin. There is nothing like a beautiful warm, sunny, Spring day and the sound of a motorcycle in the distance. You know that person is enjoying the country side roads with the wind in their face. I haven't ridden her yet this year but DH cleaned her all up for me (What a wonderful Hubby) and she waiting to ride.


These four are of my dinning room table and different bouquets I have had these year. It's fun to cut flowers and bring them indoors. I always plant triple the amount needed so I can bring Spring inside.

We have a few projects to finish in the next year. First I need to dig out my Prairie Gardens. Then I hope to add a Victory Garden and a Water Garden to the landscaping.

What does your Farmgirl Garden look like?


Come visit with others Farmgirls at;

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org
Publish Post

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

love the daffodils! so pretty. I bet when everything starts blooming more your yard looks so pretty!